Hi. I had a great summer playing in the workshop and getting to know many of you. Our fall schedule is now ready and descriptions for the different classes will be posted shortly. As always, you can register online or by contacting me via email. Contact me by email if you have questions.
This fall’s schedule is a little different than summer. Here are some updates:
1. I have no kid’s classes listed. Kids are still welcome to come on Wednesdays and I am also ready to do one on one classes and group classes as requested. If there is a specific genre of art your child would like to explore, I can usually accommodate that.
Here are some examples:
- Bring a scout troop or den to work on a badge that involves art (or dutch oven cooking) … or…?
- A kid’s party making ornaments and Christmas cards so that parents can hold an adult party at their home.
- A birthday party tie dying shirts.
- A field trip for a youth group or Sunday School class to explore Art Journaling.
- A group of homeschoolers to build with clay, glaze, and fire in our kiln.
- One on one session to work on a specific interest or skill — such as wood burning.
2. I have had a number of requests for adult “parties”/art sessions. This can be a lot of fun as friends and/or families play together. Let me know what you are interested in doing and we’ll plan it together.
3. Tuesday nights will be devoted to journaling. You can come to one or come to all. Cost is $5 per session. Occasionally there may be a materials fee. I will let you know in advance if that is the case. We are going to start with Junque Journaling ala Julie Balzer. I’ll post what we’ll be focusing on each week.
Open Studio is Wednesday from 10 am to 4 pm. You can bring your own project and come work with me (FREE) and come work on whatever I’m working on. I’ll announce the project and fee each week. OR, you can come and use my tools — die cut machine, embossing, stamps, stencils, tile saw, etc. — for $5 per hour.
4. We still have space open in the woodburning class, radical dimensions in art, and the mosaic mural class. These are taught by guest teachers. Go to the website to read more. They promise to be very engaging!
5. This fall I will be substitute teaching for Beaverton and Hillsboro School Districts on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri — when needed. If I am not subbing on a given day, I may send out an email letting you know what I’m doing in the workshop in case you want to join me.
6. I am looking ahead to the winter schedule and am thinking of some December events — resin jewelry, mosaic frames, kid’s days (kids do art while parents go shopping…), ornaments, card making, shibori scarves and more. Please let me know if any of these sound good to you or if there is something else you’d like to see taught.
Looking forward to an art filled fall!
Denny’s Workshop at Helvetia Farms
12814 NW Bishop Road
Hillsboro, OR 97124
A place to learn, to create, to play, to make new friends, to purchase art and supplies.