I can’t believe it has been four months since last I blogged. So much has happened. I’ll try to summarize:
- March and April: Art show at North Plains Library (NPL) with my friend Jackie.
- July and August: Just put up a new display at NPL for our local Artist Trading Card group. Several of my cards are included.
- Took two incredible classes at the Focus on Book Arts Conference at Pacific University in June. I learned so much and had a GREAT time.
- Sponsored free crafts in the workshop during the Helvetia Lavender Festival the second weekend in July and had a tent of glass mushrooms, photo cards, hand-painted purses, and art for sale.
- Coordinated/facilitated two art retreats at the beach…
- Taught a bunch of classes.
- Sold six pieces of original art.
- Took part in Kory Dollar’s Glass-on-Glass Mosaic Freeform Flower Garden class at my workshop.
I think photos might better tell the story…
Canvas Book made at the Focus on Book Art Conference.
Taught a Pysanka class — Using a stylus to create designs using a wax resist/dye process.
Worked with several groups to create with clay — including firing and glazing.
Continued to work on my doodling/drawing skills. People are starting to be recognizable!
Created a number of new pieces or art including: Provence collage on canvas; mixed media collage “Trust” on an old cutting board depicting three stories involving Jesus and water; Glass and paper mixed media Jellyfish on broken sand dollars; Raven on white tile with alcohol ink background; Glass mushroom made for Lavender Festival; Glass on glass mosaic; Credit card mosaic Artist Trading Card on alcohol ink background with resin coating over all; and sandpiper at beach painted on sand dollars and old wood box.
Plus… two pictures I took that made me happy!
LOTS is going on at the workshop. Check the class schedule and come join the fun! Or, consider joining my summer challenge. Do something creative every day. I’m posting mine on Facebook.
Lastly, volunteers at the workshop during the Lavender Festival have earned a free class with me at the workshop. I will be a vendor at the upcoming Elephant Garlic Festival in North Plains during the second weekend in August. If you’re willing to help, you’ll earn a free class too.