NEWS FLASH!! JUST ADDED CONCRETE PUMPKIN CLASS!
Thinking Halloween? Let’s make concrete pumpkins! All you need is bring a plastic pumpkin (the kind that is used for trick or treating or a Styrofoam decorative pumpkin (or two) to my house on Sunday afternoon, Oct 1 at 1:30 and we’ll make them together. $10 per pumpkin made. Contact me at email@example.com.
Update: Kory’s Glass on Glass Freestyle Mosaic Garden class has moved from April 13-15 to April 27-29.
Art Journaling/Bookmaking — every Tuesday night 7-9 pm. This is an ongoing class and costs $5 per session or $30 for the year. The class decides together what kinds of books to make and techniques to explore. (No class on Sept. 12 or October 10.)
Marbling — on Tuesday night, September 26, from 6-9, we will be exploring marbling. $5. Offered a second time on Friday, November 10, 1-3 pm.
Introduction to painting with Alcohol Ink — Saturday, Sept. 23, 10 am to noon. Explore the use of alcohol inks on a variety of mediums. Create free hand paintings and discover how a stencil can be used with these paints. This is an art form that everyone can excel at! $15.
Shibori — Saturday, Sept. 30, 1-3:30 pm. This class focuses on Japanese resist dyeing. The class includes a history and overview of the indigo dyeing process. Students will dye a silk scarf, cotton t-shirt, and a cotton kitchen towel. You may bring additional items from home to dye. Wool, cotton, and silk dye well. $20 covers all supplies. Please request size of shirt.
Glass on Glass Mosaic Freestyle Flower Garden — taught by Kory Dollar, October 6-8. Learn to use tools and Kory’s special techniques to create a beautiful garden you can hang in a window. For more details, visit the page on Featured Classes. $300.
Felting — taught by Carol Ann Johnson, Saturday, October 21. This is a FREE introductory class teaching the art of making felt mats. Visit the page on Featured Classes for more information.
Day of the Dead Niche — Sunday, October 29, 1-4 pm. Learn the history and celebrate the art and traditions of Dias de los Muertos by creating your own niche with traditional art and figures. $10.
Crack Your World Wide Open: Tell your stories through words and art — Ocotober 27-28 (Friday 1-4 and Saturday 10-4). Taught by Marie Buckley and Denny Nkemontoh, this workshop is an opportunity to write all about your life experiences and to create art representing them. Teachers will facilitate the class using directed exercises. You will create a personal and unique journal with both your writing and your art. You do not have to be a writer or an artist to participate. All materials are supplied. Snacks and beverages will be provided. Cost: $45. Workshop limited to 8 participants.
Leather Leaf Class — taught by Janice Hattenhauer and Rhonda Whetsell, Saturday, November 4. Capture the look of fall by creating unique and life like leaves on leather. See Featured Classes for more information. Cost: $50.
Open Studio dates and times will be announced on Facebook as available.
Looking ahead to 2018:
- Glass on Glass Waves will be taught by Kory Dollar, January 13, 14. $175. See featured classes.
- Glass on Glass Mosaic Freestyle Flower Gardens will be taught by Kory Dollar, April 13-15. $300. See featured classes.
- Kickassiette: Blowing the Lid Off of Crockery Mosaic will be taught by Kelley Knickerbocker May 5-6. $385 + $15 supply fee for substrates, mortar, cups, stirrers, handouts, etc.
- Quick-Release Mosaic: Three Works in Two Days will be taught by Kelley Knickerbocker May 3-4. $385 + $15 supply fee for substrates, mortar, cups, stirrers, handouts, etc.
- “The Gifts of Imperfection” [Brene Brown] — Art, Journaling workshop. Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be and embrace who you are. Facilitated by Denny Nkemontoh. Dates and cost to be announced.
A couple of important notes:
- To register for a class, send me an email and let me know what you’d like to take and I’ll send you a reg form. (There are reg forms available on the Reg page so you can pre-fill and send me if you prefer.)
- Classes taught by guest instructors do require a deposit at minimum and have stricter cancellation policies.
- If you are planning on coming to an Open Studio, drop-in, or any other kind of class, please let me know in advance by phone, text, or email. This is a small, personal workshop run by me with no other employees. If no one lets me know they are coming to a class, I may decide to take the day off and head to the beach. Who knows! If you tell me you are coming, I WILL be here.
- I am in my workshop most of the time evenings, days, weekends. If there is no class scheduled and you’d like a class, or an open studio time, or just to visit, let me know. I am usually flexible and will work my schedule to fit yours! Plus, I love company!
- There are many times I will be exploring mediums on my own and will send out a note saying something like, “Tomorrow I’m marbling paper. For $5, you can stop by and play/learn/experiment with me.” If you are my friend on Facebook or on my email list, you will receive notice about events like this!
- If there is a class you’d like to take but it’s not on the schedule, contact me and we’ll schedule it for you alone or for you and a few friends!
Last update: 9/9/17