Most of my classes are initiated by participants. Call me or send an email letting me know what you’d like to do and when and I’ll schedule it for you: 503-866-0180.
The best way to keep up to date is to follow my personal FB account: Denny Miller Nkemontoh. Or email me at email@example.com to be added to my mailing list.
Sign up NOW for the August 16-19 Mosaic Campout with Kory Dollar held at the Helvetia Lavender Farm and Denny’s Workshop.
Cost is $450, includes materials, supplies, 6 meals
Imagine… Three and a half days in the lush Oregon countryside, making mosaics with old and new friends. Pitch your tent (or bring your trailer) and pack a cooler along for drinks. Enjoy open studio time to work on your projects and class sessions led by Kory Dollar. Make recycled mosaic yard art using satellite dishes. Massage therapist on site! Work late or gather around a bonfire in the evening… Held on the fields of Helvetia Lavender and Christmas Tree Farm and Denny’s Workshop. Limit: 15 students.
More details to come. Contact Denny or Kory to reserve your place or for more information.
Open Studio — every Tuesday (and many times on Thursday) night 6-10 pm. This is an ongoing class and costs $5 per session or $30 for the year. Bring your own project or call ahead and find out what we’re doing on a given night.
Marbling — This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule. Cost dependent on number of people.
Introduction to painting with Alcohol Ink — This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule. Cost dependent on number of people.
Shibori — This class focuses on Japanese resist dyeing. The class includes a history and overview of the indigo dyeing process. Cost depends on what items student wants to dye (if workshop provides). You may bring additional items from home to dye. This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule.
Crack Your World Wide Open: Tell your stories through words and art — Once a month, free. Taught by Marie Buckley and Denny Nkemontoh, this workshop is an opportunity to write all about your life experiences and to create art representing them. Teachers will facilitate the class using directed exercises. You will create a personal and unique journal with both your writing and your art. You do not have to be a writer or an artist to participate. All materials are supplied.
A couple of important notes:
- To register for a class, send me an email and let me know what you’d like to take and I’ll send you a reg form. (There are reg forms available on the Reg page so you can pre-fill and send me if you prefer.)
- Classes taught by guest instructors do require a deposit at minimum and have stricter cancellation policies.
- If you are planning on coming to an Open Studio, drop-in, or any other kind of class, please let me know in advance by phone, text, or email. This is a small, personal workshop run by me with no other employees. If no one lets me know they are coming to a class, I may decide to take the day off and head to the beach. Who knows! If you tell me you are coming, I WILL be here.
- I am in my workshop most of the time evenings, days, weekends. If there is no class scheduled and you’d like a class, or an open studio time, or just to visit, let me know. I am usually flexible and will work my schedule to fit yours! Plus, I love company!
- There are many times I will be exploring mediums on my own and will send out a note saying something like, “Tomorrow I’m marbling paper. For $5, you can stop by and play/learn/experiment with me.” If you are my friend on Facebook or on my email list, you will receive notice about events like this!
- If there is a class you’d like to take but it’s not on the schedule, contact me and we’ll schedule it for you alone or for you and a few friends!
Last update: 08/27/18