Art Journaling/Bookmaking — every Tuesday night 7-9 pm. This is an ongoing class and costs $5 per session or $30 for the year. The class decides together what kinds of books to make and techniques to explore. Call ahead and find out what we’re doing on a given night.
Marbling — This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule. Cost dependent on number of people.
Introduction to painting with Alcohol Ink — This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule. Cost dependent on number of people.
Shibori — This class focuses on Japanese resist dyeing. The class includes a history and overview of the indigo dyeing process. Cost depends on what items student wants to dye (if workshop provides). You may bring additional items from home to dye. This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule.
Open Studio dates and times will be announced on Facebook as available. Check FB or ask to be added to workshop email list. Bring your own project to work on, use my tools, or work on project with assistance. Free. Cost for consumable materials when appropriate.
Felting — taught by Carol Ann Johnson, date to be announced. This is a FREE opportunity to come and felt in community with others.
Crack Your World Wide Open: Tell your stories through words and art — Once a month, free. Taught by Marie Buckley and Denny Nkemontoh, this workshop is an opportunity to write all about your life experiences and to create art representing them. Teachers will facilitate the class using directed exercises. You will create a personal and unique journal with both your writing and your art. You do not have to be a writer or an artist to participate. All materials are supplied.
2018 UPCOMING CLASSES — Register Now!
Leather Leaf Class — taught by Janice Hattenhauer and Rhonda Whetsell, Saturday, Jan 4, 2018 Capture the look of fall by creating unique and life like leaves on leather. See Featured Classes for more information. Cost: $35.
Glass on Glass Waves will be taught by Kory Dollar, January 13, 14. $175. See featured classes.
Glass on Glass Mosaic Freestyle Flower Garden — taught by Kory Dollar, April 6-8, 2018. Learn to use tools and Kory’s special techniques to create a beautiful garden you can hang in a window. For more details, visit the page on Featured Classes. $300.
Kickassiette: Blowing the Lid Off of Crockery Mosaic will be taught by Kelley Knickerbocker May 5-6. $385 + $15 supply fee for substrates, mortar, cups, stirrers, handouts, etc.
Quick-Release Mosaic: Three Works in Two Days will be taught by Kelley Knickerbocker May 3-4. $385 + $15 supply fee for substrates, mortar, cups, stirrers, handouts, etc.
“The Gifts of Imperfection” [Brene Brown] — Art, Journaling workshop. Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be and embrace who you are. Facilitated by Denny Nkemontoh. Dates and cost to be announced.
A couple of important notes:
- To register for a class, send me an email and let me know what you’d like to take and I’ll send you a reg form. (There are reg forms available on the Reg page so you can pre-fill and send me if you prefer.)
- Classes taught by guest instructors do require a deposit at minimum and have stricter cancellation policies.
- If you are planning on coming to an Open Studio, drop-in, or any other kind of class, please let me know in advance by phone, text, or email. This is a small, personal workshop run by me with no other employees. If no one lets me know they are coming to a class, I may decide to take the day off and head to the beach. Who knows! If you tell me you are coming, I WILL be here.
- I am in my workshop most of the time evenings, days, weekends. If there is no class scheduled and you’d like a class, or an open studio time, or just to visit, let me know. I am usually flexible and will work my schedule to fit yours! Plus, I love company!
- There are many times I will be exploring mediums on my own and will send out a note saying something like, “Tomorrow I’m marbling paper. For $5, you can stop by and play/learn/experiment with me.” If you are my friend on Facebook or on my email list, you will receive notice about events like this!
- If there is a class you’d like to take but it’s not on the schedule, contact me and we’ll schedule it for you alone or for you and a few friends!
Last update: 11/28/17