Most of my classes are initiated by participants. Call me or send an email letting me know what you’d like to do and when and I’ll schedule it for you: 503-866-0180.
New offerings include:
- Art Journaling Sessions — Not a class, just an opportunity to journal with others.
- Mosaic Bras
- Paper Making from Peels
- Beaded Ornament Covers
- New Glass on Glass Mosaic Workshops taught by Kory Dollar — including bowling balls/recycled mosaics, herons/flamingos, advanced birds, and freestyle gardens.
- Plus old favorites — book binding, open studios, shibori, marbling and more.
CLICK HERE fall 19 to see the new schedule and remember that most classes are offered upon request!
with Denny Nkemontoh
April 27, 10-4
Cost: $15 per session
Crack Your World Wide Open — This is a once a month class (second Friday) from noon to 3:30 combining art and writing your life stories. The journaling portion of the class is lead by Marie Buckley and the art by Denny Nkemontoh. You can bring something edible to share. Class is free.
Open Studio — every Tuesday night 4:30-9 pm. This is an ongoing class and costs $5 per session or $30 for the year. Bring your own project or call ahead and find out what we’re doing on a given night. We currently have a table set up for encaustic exploration. Please note the cost covers use of equipment. If you use Denny’s materials, please inquire as to cost or make a donation to cover cost.
Open Studio — every Thursday 1-4 pm. This is an ongoing class and costs $5 per session or $30 for the year. Bring your own project or call ahead and find out what we’re doing on a given night. We currently have a table set up for encaustic exploration. Please note the cost covers use of equipment. If you use Denny’s materials, please inquire as to cost or make a donation to cover cost.
CLASSES FREQUENTLY REQUESTED
Marbling — This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule. Cost dependent on number of people.
Introduction to painting with Alcohol Ink — This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule. Cost dependent on number of people.
Shibori — This class focuses on Japanese resist dyeing. The class includes a history and overview of the indigo dyeing process. Cost depends on what items student wants to dye (if workshop provides). You may bring additional items from home to dye. This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule.
Mosaic — I teach various forms of mosaic: Glass on glass, polymer clay mosaics, tile, and more. This class can be scheduled on an ongoing basis to fit your schedule. Cost dependent on type of mosaic selected, size, time required and materials (substrate and tesserae).
Collage — Different techniques can be used in collaging but most of them revolve around paper. Use handmade papers, magazines, national geographic pages treated with Citrasolv, paper napkins and more.
Flow or Pour Painting — This popular method of painting produces vivid results and is easy to do. You can hang it as is, collage over it, seal with varnish or resin, and more. I’ve even done it on the cover to my toilet tank!
See the Class Description page for ideas of additional classes.
A couple of important notes:
- To register for a class, send me an email and let me know what you’d like to take and I’ll send you a reg form. (There are reg forms available on the Reg page so you can pre-fill and send me if you prefer.)
- Classes taught by guest instructors do require a deposit at minimum and have stricter cancellation policies.
- If you are planning on coming to an Open Studio, drop-in, or any other kind of class, please let me know in advance by phone, text, or email. This is a small, personal workshop run by me with no other employees. If no one lets me know they are coming to a class, I may decide to take the day off and head to the beach. Who knows! If you tell me you are coming, I WILL be here.
- I am in my workshop most of the time evenings, days, weekends. If there is no class scheduled and you’d like a class, or an open studio time, or just to visit, let me know. I am usually flexible and will work my schedule to fit yours! Plus, I love company!
- There are many times I will be exploring mediums on my own and will send out a note saying something like, “Tomorrow I’m marbling paper. For $5, you can stop by and play/learn/experiment with me.” If you are my friend on Facebook or on my email list, you will receive notice about events like this!
- If there is a class you’d like to take but it’s not on the schedule, contact me and we’ll schedule it for you alone or for you and a few friends!
Last update: 02/08/19